Students often paid their tuition with produce, but during the Great Depression, even payment-in-kind became difficult. Donations and tithes to the LDS Church also dropped significantly. On February 4, 1931, LDS Church President Heber J. Grant told educators and legislators that the church could no longer support its many academies. Either the state legislature would need to provide for Weber College, or the school would close in 1932.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The Weber State University 50th Anniversary Collection is made up of a collection of photographs and oral history quotes that document the moving of Weber College from its original campus in downtown Ogden to its current home on Harrison Boulevard in 1954. The photographs document Weber College’s early days and the struggle to move to a new campus to accommodate the growing student population.