Despite resistance from the governor's office, an executive committee began searching for a new campus site with plenty of space to grow. A sprawling area lying east of Harrison Boulevard was chosen, land then occupied by a dairy ranch, a few houses, and a cattail swamp.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The Weber State University 50th Anniversary Collection is made up of a collection of photographs and oral history quotes that document the moving of Weber College from its original campus in downtown Ogden to its current home on Harrison Boulevard in 1954. The photographs document Weber College’s early days and the struggle to move to a new campus to accommodate the growing student population.